The county of Stephens, located in the west-central region of the Texas state, was established in 1858 and organized in 1876. It was named after Alexander Stephens, vice president of the Confederate. This county has been economically dependent on its farming, ranching, oil, and tourism; beef cattle, hogs, goats, sheep, wheat, hay, oats, grain sorghum, cottons, and pecans were its primary agricultural products. It also features numerous historical and recreational sites from the Aviation Museum to the Palo Pinto Mountains State Park. This county also celebrates a festival and a car show every fall. Furthermore, barbecues, burgers, pizzas, and steaks are dominantly served in this area.