There are a lot of things that could keep you from being able to go outside, fire up the grill, and slow cook some baby back ribs until they fall off the bone. These ribs go into the oven for a couple hours and get brushed with a homemade, BBQ mop sauce.
For the BBQ Sauce:
½ an onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ a cup of ketchup
¼ cup of dark brown sugar
½ tbsp malt vinegar
½ tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp hot sauce
¼ black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 250°F, rub a thing layer of olive oil onto the ribs and season them evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place the oven into a baking dish or skillet, cover with foil, then bake in the hot oven for 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly fry the garlic and onion in a little olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, and the rest of the BBQ sauce ingredients then whisk to combine.
- Once combine add the sauce to a blender or a food processor then pulse until smooth.
- 15 minutes before your timer runs our remove the ribs from the oven, brush with the sauce, then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Rest the ribs covered for 10 minutes before serving.