Even when you love to cook, cooking day in and out – especially for a family of four or more – can seem tediously repetitive. And truth be told, over the course of last year, we’ve all been doing a lot more cooking. Hence now, more than ever before, the ease of cooking matters as much – if not more than – the taste. It’s the time for no-fuss, one-pan recipes that require minimal prep and minimal post-cooking cleanup. And this one pan, baked honey mustard chicken is all that…and much more.
The chicken thighs are first seared till they’re golden brown and crispy, generously drizzled over with honey-mustard sauce, and baked together with caramelly sweet sauteed shallots, fingerling potatoes, and beans, till golden brown.
The ingenious honey-mustard sauce is the star of this dish. Honey and mustard, have been a hit combo since ancient Egyptians first combined them. It’s a magically simple mix, with a complex blend of just the right amount of sweet, tang, and spice. Dijon mustard is a must for this recipe. It has a sharper, punchier mustard flavor compared to regular mustard, and gives the baked chicken thighs an appetizing dark yellow blush.
Making One Pan Baked Honey Mustard Chicken:
Preheat oven to 375°F
Make Honey Mustard Sauce:
For the sauce, in a bowl take Dijon mustard. Add honey, paprika, salt, apple cider vinegar, mix until well combined, and keep aside.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Places chicken pieces in. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear them for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until evenly golden brown. Once seared, transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, add chopped shallots, fingerling potatoes, beans, and rosemary (with stems removed). Mix and sauté for 2 minutes. Add in chicken pieces and drizzle honey mustard sauce on top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375°F, till the chicken is well cooked and the potatoes and beans are tender.
¾ cup Dijon mustard
¾ cup honey
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp salt, or to taste + ½ tsp to season the chicken
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup shallots, chopped
½ lb green beans, washed and ends trimmed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 lb boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 lb fingerling potatoes
3 sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl add Dijon mustard, honey, paprika, salt, apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces, sprinkle salt and pepper on top, and coat chicken pieces with it
- Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or till golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken onto a plate
- Into the same skillet, add chopped shallots, fingerling potatoes, beans and rosemary (with stems removed). Mix and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add in chicken pieces and drizzle honey mustard sauce on top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375°F, till the chicken is well cooked and the potatoes and beans are tender.