- Whisk together 75 grams of brown sugar and 75 grams of melted butter until thick and smooth then use that to grease a 10 x 8 baking tray.
- Lay down 6 pineapple rings and place a maraschino cherry in the center of each one.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the melted butter and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract, ¼ cup of the pineapple syrup from the can then crack in three eggs whisking after adding each one.
- Sieve in 150 grams of self-raising flour with 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder then whisk until it forms a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray over the pineapples, shake lightly to distribute evenly, then bake the cake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for at least 15 minutes before removing from the baking tray.