Find the best local food by family farms & ranches, artisan food producers, farm to table restaurants and other local food sources in Farmers Branch, TexasRead more
Farmers Branch was settled in 1842 by Thomas and Sarah Keenan. The area was called Mustang, as part of Peter's Colony, but later changed to Farmers Branch due to the rich soil and flourishing crops. During the years between 1845 and 1850, Farmers Branch was the best-known of all of the Texas settlements. Located in the Farmers Branch Historical Park is the Gilbert House which is the oldest rock structure in Dallas County that is still on its original foundation. The Farmers Branch Historical Park is comprised of twenty-two acres and five historic buildings. Its proximity to Dallas contributed to rapid growth.