Named after its founder, Bent Barton, Bartonville is one of the rapidly growing towns in Denton County in the state of Texas. Initially, the town was part of Chinn’s Chapel settlement, established by Elisha Chinn in 1853. Eventually, the settlement split into three distinct communities leaving Bartonville in its current location. The first post office arrived in 1886, and by 1890 it had a population of 25, a cotton gin, one general store, and a gristmill, all of which were owned by the Barton family. Some popular attractions here include Old Alton Bridge, Trophy Club Park and the sycamore trees.