The Ben Franklin unincorporated community is found in Delta County, in the state of Texas. The community was founded by Benjamin Simmons, who named it after his son Benjamin Franklin. The Simmons family was among the first settlers here having arrived in 1835. The rise of the town was boosted by the arrival of the first post office in 1853. One year later, the town built its first church, the Methodist Episcopal Church. The first school was established after the end of the American Civil War. By 1884, the town had 200 residents while shipment and cotton gin were its main businesses.