The US unincorporated community of Call is found in Texas. It was founded by George Adams who named the place after his former close associate, Dennis Call. The duo formed a Cow Creek Tram Company in 1890 after joining M. T. Jones. The company led to the birth of a sawmill in 1895. In 1896, Call post office established in this community. However, the post office later burned down in 1906, leading to its relocation. In 1901, John Henry Kirby came into possession of the mill. After the completion of Orange and Northwestern Railway in 1906, Call linked with Buna, Orange, and Newton.