Campbell is a city in Hunt County. As of 2010 census, it was populated by 638 residents. It was first known as Oliveira in 1881 but that name was short-lived. The town was built around the railroad extension. It was established in 1880. The name Campbell came from the postmaster general and Thomas Campbell. It had become a shipping center for farmers in 1900. The percentage of residents living in poverty is 12.6% as of 2017. Henry College was founded in 1892 but was closed in 1906. There are only two schools available, Campbell Independent School District and Campbell Elementary School.