In northern Texas lies Canyon, the county seat of Randall County. It was founded by L.G. Conner in 1889. It has a total area of 4.9 square miles. The canyon was originally a site for the headquarters of T-Anchor Ranch. The Canyon was the last scene of the last great Indian battle in 1874. It is now a ranching and farming center. The major economic influence is West Texas A&M University. Palo Duro Canyon State Park is the largest state park in Texas. Another local attraction would be the Buffalo Lake National Wildlife and Six Gun Territory.