Center Point, Kerr County became a focal point for businesses when Dr. Charles de Ganahl opened a post office in his home in November 1859. The post office was named Zanzenburg in honor of his home in Austrian Tyrol which was changed to Center Point in 1872. The name comes from its location, which is between Kerrville and Comfort as well as Fredericksburg and Bandera. Its position made Center Point a trading center for the surrounding regions until the 1920s. It is one of the largest unincorporated communities in Texas. Center Point Cemetery has the largest number of burials of Texas Rangers in the state.