The US city of Edom is situated in Van Zandt County in the state of Texas. Its population was 375 in 2010 as per the census of the same year. It is the county’s third oldest town. Edom was established in 1849 on a site several miles from where the city currently stands. A post office was established here in 1852, but relocated to the current townsite in 1855 and renamed Edom. The name is derived from the name Esau was given in Genesis. By 1914, the town had four general stores and a cotton gin. In 1990, Edna’s population was 300, but grew to 322 in 2000.