The US census-designated place (CDP) is situated in Brooks County in the state of Texas. Its population stood at 143, according to the 2010 census. The CDP is a rural community on US Highway 281 in Brooks County. The community was founded in the 1900s as a cattle roundup point for Mexican cattlemen. A post office was established in the area in 1914. By 1925, the area’s population was 50, and remained the same until 1939 when it reported a population of 100. It had increased to about 200 in 1941, but fell to 125 in 1945. In 1948, the area had several dwellings, a church, and three schools.