The Etoile unincorporated community is situated in Nacogdoches County in the US state of Texas. The area’s students are served by Etoile Independent School District. The community’s story begins in 1876 when Baptist Minister Reverend James Sims builds a church near Macedonia Springs. Macedonia Town would later develop near the church. In 1876, the community was sparsely populated, and its roads were in poor shape and few. In 1881, steamboats originating from Beaumont would dock at Brown’s Ferry on River Angelina, just outside this community. At the time, the town would receive its mail from nearby Cherino by horseback. The area received a post office in 1886, and the town’s name was changed to Etoile, meaning “star” in French.