The city of Eustace is found in Henderson County in the US state of Texas. The city’s population in 2010 was 991 as per the 2010 census. The city’s origin can be traced back to 1900 after an eastward extension of the New Orleans and Texas Railroad to Athens from Kemp. At the time, the area had just one inhabitant living in a rented log cabin. The extension would see businessmen from neighbouring communities move closer to the railroad. The town that came out of this was named Mosely after W. L. Mosely, who had the railroad’s right of way. It was also known as Jolo, after Joe L. Pickle, the town’s blacksmith. A post office was opened here in 1900 and named Eustace, after Captain W. T. Eustace, a civil war veteran.