Hearne is a city in Robertson County, Texas. It is located on the Missouri Pacific and Southern Pacific railroads, US 79, US 190, and SH 6, southwest of Franklin and south of Calvert. It was first settled in 1852, when the Hearnes family moved into the land that was originally granted to a Mexican commander. In 1871, the town was incorporated. The city was known for its large cotton plantations throughout the 18th century. In the following century, Hearn also operated dehydration facilities. The town became a distribution center for petroleum items, on top of its existing and agricultural products. The German prisoners of was were once housed at a camp just west of Hearne. The camp accommodated 8,000 men on top of the prisoners. The residents gradually grew since the beginning of Hearne. As of 2010, its population was 4,459.