Hebbronville is a census-designated in and the county seat of Jim Hogg County in the state of Texas. It is located at the intersection of SH 16, SH 285, and SH 359. The settlement was established in 1883 when a railroad was built in the area. It was named after James R. Hebbron who arranged the land sale for the new townsite. Raising and selling of cattle had been the town’s economic mainstay. Throughout the 19th century, Hebbronville remained to be a small and predominantly Mexican-American community. Sometime in 1926, a Franciscan seminary moved to the area from Mexico in order to escape persecution; the school accommodates a maximum of twenty students. The town started with 150 residents in the late 18th century and quickly grew throughout the next century. As of 2010, its population was 4,558.