Kennedale is a city located in Tarrant County in Texas. As of the 2018 census, the town’s population was 8,543. The community was named for Oliver S. Kennedy. He fortified the land and donated all of the other lots to Southern Pacific Railroad. By the state of the U.S Bureau, the town has a total area of 6.6 square miles. Kennedale is distributed by its own Independent School District. A post office of the community was opened in 1884. In July in 1947. The residents voted to incorporate the town when it had a population of 300. 3 Years later, the town’s population increased to 500.