Lewisville is a city located in Denton County in Texas. John and Augustus King, who were father and son arrived from Bonham in 1844. The community they first formed was called Holford Prairie after the Holford brothers. The town was bought of the Holford brothers in 1853. By Basdeal W. Lewis which is when he opened a post office with the name of Lewisville. The town’s population counted up to an estimate of 95,290 as of the 2010 census. The city itself is distributed by its own Independent School District. The city has a total area of 42.47 square miles, and more than six square miles of it is water.