Manchaca is an unincorporated community in Travis County, Texas. The town was named after Manchaca Springs. Manchac House post office was established in 1851 but closed down in 1852 with William Pelham as the postmaster. Another post office was established and operated between 1874 and 1875. The post office also closed down, forcing citizens to send mails to Onion Creek. In 1881, another post office was established under the name Manchaca after the completion of the International-Great Northern Railroad. The arrival of the railroad significantly boosted the economy of this community. By 1884, Manchaca was a shipping point of cotton, lumber, posts, and grain.