Marquez City is located in the county of Leon in Texas, US. It was named after Maria de la Marquez in 1871. According to the census of 2010, the city had an estimated population of 263. It has an area of 1.2 square miles which is all land. Marquez gets its education services from the Leon Independent School District. The city sits at the junction of State Highway 7 and US Highway 79. In 1872, a post office was opened in the town. After 1884, the city was served by a brick factory, two hotels, a saloon, three churches, and one mil and gin. A fire engulfed an entire seven block business in 1920.