In the county of Caldwell in Texas, US stands the city of Martindale. It forms a section of the Austin Metropolitan Area. In the 2010 census, the city registered a population of 1,116. Nancy Martindale established this city in 1855 after donating land for its establishment. Martindale City holds a number of picnics, including “egg hunt” every Easter and “Independence Parade” every 4th of July. A Baptist church was established here in 1858 and a post office in 1875. By 1914, the city had a hotel, three stores, telephone services, a bank, one school, and four churches. Martindale city is served by the San Marcos Consolidated Independent School District.