McFaddin is an unincorporated community located along with the Farm to Market 445 and on the East of U.S. Highway 77 in Victoria County. The community is named after a civil war veteran James McFaddin. James started ranching in this area in 1876. The St. Louis, Brownville, and Mexico Railway founded a station in this area in 1906 and named it Marianna. In 1907, the Marianna post office was established in this community. In 1923, James McFaddin’s son changed the name back to McFaddin. The first oil well in this area was established in 1931. The city hosts three Historical Commission Plaques.