Melvin Town is found in McCulloh County in the US state of Texas. The 2010 census reported its population as 179. It is located on Farm Road 2087, south of US Highway 87. In the 1980s, Melvin was McCulloh County’s second-largest city. The town was named after W. H. Melvin, who in 1874, built a ranch house here. In 1904, Melvin’s townsite was laid out and a post office established in the town in 1906. A railroad was built through the area in 1912. By 1914, Melvin had two general stores and two cotton gins. The town’s population then was 75.