First named Schendelville, August Schendel jokingly applied for the town to be called Needmore which the authorities changed to Needville. It is located in southern Fort Bend County. The community was established in 1891. In 1898 Schendel platted the town and began selling lots. By 1910 the Round Hall had been built for dances and social activities; it served as a social center until 1950. The economy was based on stock raising and farming. In 1920s oil, natural gas and sulfur were discovered which added to their revenue. Needville students were bussed to Richmond and Rosenberg until the late 1940s when Needville formed its own ISD.