Santo is an unincorporated community in Palo Pinto County, Texas, United States. It has an estimated population of about 315. The community lies on the Farm to Market Road 4 miles from Palo Pinto. It was founded in 1850 and was once named Grand Ranch. It was a site of an improvised forth used in the Civil War. Santo changed its name a few times and it was once known as Sparta, but there was already a town with that name. It was also called Cresco at some point, but there was also a town called that and the confusion almost caused a train wreck.