Coffee is one of the most loved beverages in the world. Not only is it consumed for its flavor and aroma, but also for its caffeine content, which has been shown to provide numerous benefits. The caffeine in coffee improves energy levels, and as a matter of fact, a lot of people around the world cannot function properly without starting their day off with a fresh cup of coffee. I could go on and on about how great coffee is, but if you’re already a coffee drinker, then you probably already know how essential it is in our daily lives.
- Coffee beans are actually the seeds from the cherry-like berries of the coffee plant.
- There are two main types of coffee beans: Arabica and Robusta.
- Brazil produces the most coffee beans in the world.
- In the United States, only two states produce coffee commercially. These states are California and Hawaii.
- You can actually overdose on coffee, but it is improbable as you would need to consume 30 cups of coffee in a short period of time to even get remotely close to a lethal dose of caffeine.
- A cup of brewed coffee only contains one calorie!