Known as the grandfather of all veggies, cabbage grown as an annual vegetable crop for its dense leaved heads. It is an incredibly versatile leafy vegetable that descended from the wild cabbage. It comes with different colors such as green, purple, and white or pale green. It is closely related to brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and savoy cabbage. Cabbage weights generally range from 1 to 9 lb. Under conditions of long sunny days, they can grow pretty significant. As of 2012, the most massive cabbage recorded was 138.25 lb.
Species: Wild cabbage
Binomial name: Brassica Oleracea
- Cabbage is one of the oldest existing vegetables in the world.
- Red cabbage (purple) makes an excellent all-natural dye in food or on fabric.
- Dutch sailors used to eat Sauerkraut on long journeys to prevent scurvy.
- China is the biggest manufacturer of cabbage, while Russia consumes the most cabbage in the world.
- In ancient China, people believed that cabbage is a magic cure-all for bald men.
- Most people also apply cabbage to the face to clear up acne-prone skin.