Find the best local food by family farms & ranches, artisan food producers, farm to table restaurants and other local food sources in Richardson, TexasRead more
Richardson is a U.S city in Collin and Dallas Counties. The area was first settled in 1840 by Tennessee and Kentucky residents, and the place was named after Houston and Texas Railway secretary Alfred S. Richardson. In 1908, this city was linked to Denison by the Texas Electric Railway. In 1914, a school was erected and remained the Richardson Independent School District administrative office to date. The Brick Road, which is now referred to as Greenville Avenue, was completed in 1924. Later in 1925, the town elected its first mayor after it was incorporated. The first alcohol sales in this city started in 2006.