Wolfforth is a city situated in Lubbock County in Texas. The town of Wolfforth was founded in 1916 as a railroad town when the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railway was being built through the area. George Wolfforth was an early settler of the town, and the community was named after him. The town’s population was 3,670 as of the 2010 census. As stated by the U.S Bureau, the town has a total area of 3.1 square miles and more than 99 percent of the area is land. Wolfforth’s public education system is being provided by the Frenship Independent School District.