Anderson City is located in Grimes County in the US state of Texas, where it also serves as the county seat. The 2010 census reported city’s population as 222. The city was named in honor of Kenneth Lewis Anderson who died here in 1845. He was the vice-president of the Texas Republic. Anderson was originally inhabited by indigenous peoples. During the Spanish colonial rule, creole Spanish and Europeans settled in the area. Anglo-Americans began entering the area from the US in the 1820s. When Mexico attained its independence, it allowed in more settlers from the US into eastern Texas. Texas then got its independence in 1836, but was later annexed by the US in1846.