Barry is located in Navarro County, in the US state of Texas. It had a population of 242 as per the 2010 census. The original location of the town was one mile off its present location and was named after Bryan T. Barry, who sold over 300 acres of the land in this area to settlers. The completion of the St. Louis Southwestern Railway inspired people to move to its present location. Consequently, the first school began operations here in 1896. By the end of 1814, the town of 400 residents had a bank, hotel, eateries and newspaper of its own.