Thompson is a town in Fort Bend County, in the U.S. state of Texas. It is located on the AT&SF and FM 2759, east of the county. It was first settled in 1830, when Robert Bohannon moved to the area and received a land grant under a Mexican program. Upon his death, his wife married Hiram Thompson, who then named the settlement after himself – at one time, the community was addressed as Thompson’s Switch. The town became a railroad depot in 1879, and its post office was inaugurated in 1888. However, the number of residents declined as the 19th century came – it dropped to 104 in 1900. For two decades, there were only 75 residents in the area. Although another railroad came in 1930, the population didn’t grow significantly. In 1947, Thompsons had 100 residents. As of 2010, it has a population of 246.
February 06, 2023, 05:00 PM