Richmond is Fort Bend’s County Seat along Brazos River in Texas. The area received its first settlers in 1822, and the settlers established a fort in this city, which was later called Fort Bend. In 1836, the Runaway Scrape led to the evacuation of this community. In 1837, William Lusk and Robert Eden Handy established this town. The area was named in honor of Richmond, England, and the town was incorporated in 1837. Richmond became a county seat after the formation of Bend County in December 1837. The town was affected by yellow fever in 1853. A railway track reached this area in 1855.