Mirando City is a CDP placed in Webb County in Texas. The town of Mirando City was founded by O.W. Killam in 1921. The town was named after Nicolas Mirando who was a Spanish land heir. The zenith of the population in Mirando City was in 1929, before the Great Depression when the city had a total population of around 1,500 residents. As of the 2010 census, the population right now is only 166. Mirando City was originally the center of the South Texas oil boom. The peyote cactus is one of the most common plants in the area. Mirando City’s public education system is being provided by the Webb Independent School District.