Shiner is a city in Lavaca County, Texas, United States. The town was named in r Henry B. Shiner, who donated 250 acres (1.0 km2) for a railroad right of way, when it was founded. According to the last census it has a population of 2.069. There was a post office post near the city in 1885, but in 1887 Shiner donated the land needed for the railroad to bypass it. The median income of the city is $28.000 and it’s served by the Shiner Independent School District and home to the Shiner High School Comanches. Shiner's weekly newspaper, The Shiner Gazette, was established in 1892.