Round Top is a town in Fayette County, Texas, United States. It has a population of 90 according to the last census. It was created in 1831 as a part of Stephen F. Austin colony. The city sits on a hill between Cummins Creek to the southwest and Rocky Creek to the east, tributaries of the Colorado River. Round top is home to three visitor-drawing programs. One is an outdoor gathering of antique dealers, the other is a music institute and the third is a Shakespeare in Performance study program, administered by the University.