Daisetta is a city in Liberty County. Lumbermen and farmers populated the town as early as the 1850s; however, it wasn’t until the town discovered oil in 1918 that it was given its current name. Newt Farris, a local store owner, named the town after combining the names of his two female neighbors, Daisy Barrett and Etta White. The post office was established in 1921. Although a catastrophic fire hit the town in 1924, Daisetta managed to be reconstructed. The city remained to depend primarily on oil as its economic source. Its residents maintained a strong independent identity and voted to incorporate their town in 1946, 1955, and 1961.